Boston Bollywood is a performance dance company that offers Bollywood dance instruction to adult dancers with the opportunity to perform in the Boston area. We also offer dance instruction for Wedding first dances, Sangeets and Bollywood workshops in the New England area.
Auditions for our Summer and Winter shows are conducted in Spring and Fall respectively. At Boston Bollywood, our core values are the pursuit of happiness through dance, the passion to express, and the power of practice.
Boston Bollywood Season 12 Dance Show (December 15, 16)
Boston Bollywood Season Twelve Dance Performance
Boston's premier Bollywood Dance Company, Boston Bollywood, brings together 90+ dancers to present its Season Twelve Dance Performance. Watch us pay tribute to the Indian Film Industry in a spectacular dance show featuring original choreography set to some of the most popular dance numbers.
Dates and Times:
Friday, December 15, 8-10 PM
Saturday, December 16, 7-9 PM
Venue: TSAI Performance Center (685 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215)
- Early bird: $20, General Admission: $25, At the door: $30 (Expect a sold out show)
- Early bird ticket sales start at 8 PM EST on November 7 and end at 11:59 PM on November 14.
- General Admission ticket sales start at 12 AM EST on November 15
- Online ticket sales will end 12 hours prior to the start of the respective show
1. Tickets are non-refundable.
2. Tickets MAY NOT be transferred from one show to another.
3. Tickets for a show can be transferred to another person. The person receiving the transferred ticket must provide the name of the original ticket holder when checking-in at the Box Office.
4. Children sitting in laps do not require tickets. However, any child needing a seat, regardless of age, will need their own ticket.
1. There are no assigned seats. Audience members must arrive early to get the best seats in the house.
2. Doors open 45 minutes before show start time. The shows will start on time, so please make sure to be checked in and in your seats 10-15 minutes before the show start time. The theater seats 515 audience members and your cooperation will ensure that we start the show on time.
3. To check-in at the Box office, you must present a valid government-issued photo ID to collect your tickets.
4. If you arrive at the venue after the show starts, you will be asked to wait in the lobby while a performance is going on. You will be allowed to enter the theater during the break between two performances. We thank you for your cooperation.
Patrons may park in the CAS Lot (240 Bay State Road) and Warren Towers Garage for overflow (700 Commonwealth Ave) for $12 pay-on-entry. Please be sure to let the Parking staff know that you are there to attend the Boston Bollywood show at the TSAI performance center to get the $12 entry price. Metered parking is available on Commonwealth Avenue and surrounding streets. For more information on parking and directions, please visit: http://www.bu.edu/tsai/plan-your-visit/directions/
Boston Bollywood operates on a biannual basis with two seasons per year -- spring and fall. We offer two types of classes per season -- Performance Classes and Workshop Classes for adult dancers only. Performance classes last 12 weeks and end with a performance. Workshop classes last 6-8 weeks based on the type of class being offered and the location of the class.
In order to participate in the Performance Classes, dancers are required to participate in dancer auditions. Dancer auditions are held at the beginning of each season for level placement. Level placement determines in which performance classes you can participate. Dancers who successfully place in a level are eligible to participate in the immediate Performance Classes.
* Auditions are not necessary for workshops.
* We do not offer classes for kids.
Performance Class (12 weeks) tuition:
Performance Quarter tuition for each piece includes hour-long weekly rehearsals for 12 weeks and the opportunity to perform at the best venues in Boston. Performance Quarter schedule is announced a few weeks prior to Dancer Auditions.
Note: Discounts are available on performance quarter tuition to students currently enrolled in a school program.
Workshop Classes are intended to offer dancers opportunities to participate in dance classes without having to perform. Workshop tuition is decided on the basis of the length of class, type of class and the location at which the class is being offered. Workshop Class schedule is announced through our newsletter and through posts on our Facebook page few weeks in advance. Tuition can be paid on a per class basis. No student discounts are available for Workshops.